- Sometimes when tracing to heat n bond and you need to draw a straight line; you can use a little ruler to trace the lines.
- Sometimes when you have lots of applique to do; it is wise to use a stabilizer behind your project. Helpful Hint: You can use a piece of muslin.
- The machine stitches you can use are either the zig zag, blanket stitch, or satin stitch around your applique pieces.
- Sometimes you need templates and they are usually made from applique plastic. Most quilt shops have this available. Helpful Hint: Most Dollar Stores have clear or almost clear kitchen chopping mats, and these can be used as templates.
- If you have several pieces to applique; Helpful Hint: applique them from bottom of your project up.
Here are some of the supplies you might need to get started on your applique project:
Easy applique quilt patterns
Paper – back fusible
Right Needle and Thread (Your local quilt shop can help with this)