- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and chopped potatoes (I always use Yukon Gold)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) beef broth
- 1 can (10 oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & pepper, to taste
In a soup pot, over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onion, garlic, and salt until no longer pink. Break up meat in crumbles as it cooks. Drain and return to the soup pot.
- Add chopped potatoes, beef broth, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, frozen vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, and the seasonings. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to combine and the soup to become thicker.