- 1 large head cauliflower (about 3-1/2 pounds), broken into florets
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted and divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 3 teaspoons harissa chili paste or hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Additional harissa chili paste, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine cauliflower, vegetable stock, 1/2 cup almonds, 1/2 cup cilantro and the next seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until cauliflower is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender; return to slow cooker and heat through. Serve with remaining almonds and cilantro and, if desired, additional harissa.