- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 3/4 cup carrots peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced
- 3/4 cup celery sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth I use low sodium
- 2 cups cooked rice can be white, brown or wild rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic to the pot and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the rice. Cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.