1 tablespoon butter
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cups riced/shredded cauliflower (Pre done in freezer section)
1 cup chicken broth
2 ounces cream cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Crumbled bacon as garnish (optional)
Chopped scallions as garnish (optional)
Cheese for garnish
Hot sauce for an extra kick (optional)
1. In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the cauliflower and chicken broth, and allow the mixture to come to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the cauliflower is soft enough to mash the mixture.
4. Add the cream cheese and mash the mixture.
5. Add the heavy cream and puree the mixture with an immersion blender or your kitchen blender, blend it, and then pour it back into the pan and reheat it a bit.
6. Season with salt and pepper; to taste.
7. Pour the soup into four bowls, top each with the shredded cheddar cheese, and serve.