· 1 – 2 pound boneless pork loin, cubed (You can use hamburger)
· 1/4 cup of flour or cornmeal
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 onion, chopped
· 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (or you can use diced tomatoes in a can) Or you can use Rotel Tomatoes
· 2 cups diced green Chile peppers (I use hatch green chilis) I usually roast them myself. You can get the chilis in a jar or a can.
· Jalapeno (Optional and to taste)
· Habanero (Optional and to taste)
· 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
· 1 tablespoon ground cumin
· 1 – 2 large potato, cubed
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
· 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
· 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
· salt to taste
· pepper to taste
- Place the pork loin cubes, and the flour or cornmeal in a plastic bag, and shake to coat the meat. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook and stir the meat cubes until evenly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Place the meat, onion, tomatoes, green Chile peppers, jalapeno (optional), habanero peppers (optional), chicken broth, cumin, potato, garlic, oregano, cilantro, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a slow cooker. Cook on Low until the meat is tender, about 8 hours.